Copyright 2008-2009 Micah Atwell

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

w00t! Leather Day has arrived.

Got the 2 pigsuede hides in today and am now ready to start the next batch of straps.



The two hides (the yellower leather in the pic) came in the same color, you might call it a camel or cornmeal color. To be honest, I was hoping to get a different color on each hide (maybe the trick is to order assorted colors on separate orders?). I can live with this, though, because I'd rather have two hides in a color like this, an earthtone which is easily usable, than two in some oddball color (like this rather horrid turquoise I've seen) that I'd have a harder time using.

There's enough material here for maybe 7 straps, I can get well over a dozen if I order some additional middle-layer veg split. May do that since I need to order a couple other items anyway. But first, I'll design a prototype strap (since this is a different style from my last batch), that'll give me a much clearer idea of what I can get out of the rest of the leathers.

No comments: